Our Hospice Care Services
The Support You Need. The Dignity Your Deserve.
Most patients worry about being a burden. Family members want to help, but they don’t know how and need assistance. With OhioHealth Hospice, you’re not alone — we’re experts in end of life care and symptom management. Our comprehensive hospice care services provide valuable guidance, support, information and more to help meet your specific needs.
About Our Specialized Medical Care
OhioHealth Kobacker House provides skilled, short-term inpatient hospice care services in a comfortable, attentive environment. Our hospice team manages pain and other symptoms, while providing specialized medical care.
OhioHealth's palliative care teams work closely with your doctor to enhance the treatment you are already receiving. In addition to helping with pain control and symptom management, we provide psychological and spiritual support. Someone is with you at every step to help ensure the best possible comfort and quality of life.
From personalized hospice care to skilled services, we help create an enriching experience for individuals and families. Our specialized team makes this possible — even during the difficult times that serious illness brings. Together, we work to make the best of every minute when you most need compassionate care.
OhioHealth doctors and other high-level specialists are trained to meet a wide array of multi-disciplinary needs. These include cancer care, cardiac care and management of complex neurological, pulmonary and other conditions.
We serve people of all ages, from children to senior citizens.
Skilled Hospice Care and Services
- IV and oral medication management and care
- Medication management
- Cardiac IV and medication
- Intensive care for congestive heart failure (CHF), including home TeleHealth monitor and biometric evaluation
- Care for advanced diseases, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Management of respirator other mechanical ventilation
- Social services
- Spiritual and pastoral care
- Grief support and counseling
- Educational classes and programs
- Assistance with insurance or other forms and paperwork
Our collaborative, multi-disciplinary care team offers a wide array of advanced and specialized expertise, including:
- Internal medicine
- Family medicine
- Geriatric medicine
- Pediatric care, including pediatric hematology/oncology
- Grief support
- Educational programs
We’re Here To Help
Someone is available to answer your questions about hospice care. Don't hesitate to call or contact us online.