Room Service Menus Changes
Due to COVID-19, some OhioHealth inpatient call-in room service processes have been adjusted.LEARN MORE
Insurance and Billing at Mansfield Hospital
Financial Information Explained
We work closely with your insurance provider regarding the financial coverage for your stay at OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital. In some circumstances, your health insurance may set limits on the amount of time that you can be hospitalized for your particular illness or injury. In others, your insurance company may only pay a portion of your hospital bill. Contact Billing Information Services at (419) 526.8428 for more information regarding your hospital bill, or call Patient Financial Counseling at (419) 526.8464 for payment assistance.
Third Party Insurance
- OhioHealth Mansfield will bill Medicare and Medicaid.
- OhioHealth Mansfield will bill third-party commercial payers on behalf of the patient. We offer 45 days to the insurance company before you will be contacted to assist with the resolution of any unpaid insurance balance. If there is no resolution, the account will become patient liability and the patient will be billed.
- OhioHealth Mansfield will not bill third-party auto insurance if there is medical coverage available.
- OhioHealth Mansfield will not wait for a third-party liability carrier or sued individual to pay a claim before enforcing our right to payment. Mansfield will not accept a letter of protection from an attorney involved in a law suit to recover third-party damages.
- OhioHealth Mansfield will honor discounts only with contracted insurance carriers.
If you are in need of financial assistance, please read the following Financial Assistance and Charity Care information:
Financial Assistance Policy Summary (includes phone numbers and addresses of who to contact for help)
Financial Assistance Application Instructions
Financial Assistance Application
HCAP Charity Worksheet
List of Providers at Mansfield Hospital
OhioHealth Financial Assistance Policy
Uninsured, Unresolved and Self-Pay Balances
- Emergent, Urgent and Labor and Delivery services covered under EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act) are not subject to prior payment.
- Known Deductibles, Copay and Coinsurance amounts are due at the time of service.
- Non-covered, self-insured, uninsured and "life style" services are payable at the time of service. (Life style procedures are defined as not medically necessary procedures, such as non-restorative cosmetic surgery.)
- Patient balances that cannot be paid prior to service and balances after insurance payment or denial must be resolved in one of the following methods:
- Payment in full from personal funds
- Bank Loan Program underwritten by OhioHealth Mansfield
- Limited term time payments (limited to 6 months)
- Uncompensated or Charity Care approvals
- Patient balances not resolved in one of the methods above will be billed on a prescribed time table over a 120 day period. During each of those billing encounters, calls from a financial counselor will include information about the above payment options, as well as our uncompensated care program.
- If the account has not had a satisfactory resolution within 120 days, the claim may be submitted to an outside agency for professional collection assistance.