OhioHealth Mothers' Milk Bank
If you have extra breast milk, please consider donating it to babies and moms in need.
Donated breast milk is pasteurized, cultured and shipped to hospitals across the country, giving babies fighting for their lives their best chance at health.
Call the OhioHealth Mothers’ Milk Bank at (614) 566.0630 to begin the process today or email MilkBank@OhioHealth.com.
A Mother’s Story
When Sarah’s triplets were born prematurely, donated breast milk was her daughter Ivy’s best chance at life. A year later, Sarah chose to honor Ivy’s memory by becoming a donor herself.
How to Donate Breast Milk
We strive to make donating your extra breast milk as easy as possible because we know being a mom is busy work. We will provide you with all of the materials you need to donate, including containers and return shipping, at no cost to you. You don’t even have to come to the milk bank. It's easy to get started.
- Participate in an initial phone screening to verify eligibility.
- Receive and read the Mothers' Milk Bank information packet.
- Participate in a medical and lifestyle history review.
- Complete a medical release form signed by the donor and healthcare provider for both the donor and baby.
- Consent to and receive a comprehensive blood test to screen for HIV, HTLV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphilis.